iXensor is the pioneer of mobile health.
We turn ordinary smartphones into versatile lab-grade medical diagnostic devices for point-of-care testing and at-home self-testing solutions. PixoTest®, our first product, is also the world's first FDA approved smartphone camera-based blood test dated back in 2017.
The founding team of iXensor first met at Stanford University in 2011. At that time, they saw the rise of the smartphone and its potential to reshape future healthcare. In 2012, iXensor was founded in Silicon Valley and then incorporated in Taipei, Taiwan. Our interdisciplinary team combines expertise in medical engineering, biochemistry, and information technology to develop innovative digital health solutions that empower tomorrow's connected healthcare.
Our product lines cover Women’s Health, Chronic, and Infectious Diseases and are powered by our core technology - PixoTech® platform protected by more than 70 international patents. PixoTech® serves as the platform-as-a-service model and will be the engine for our next phase of growth.
We have received many international awards for our innovation, and our business has also been accelerated by Merck Accelerator, Plug & Play’s Creasphere, and Johnson & Johnson Innovation’s JLABs.
To facilitate data-driven healthcare with instant medical tests and seamless data synchronization.
To make quality healthcare accessible and timely for all.
Core Technology & Capabilities
PixoTech® as iXensor’s core technology platform can turn smartphones into in vitro diagnostic (IVD) devices through its smart color sensing technology for connected healthcare. It utilizes the lighting and image sensing modules of the smartphone to detect the color change reaction on the immunoassay or colorimetric strip (US patent granted). The images of the test strip are captured by the front camera of the smartphone and analyzed via the proprietary algorithm to turn out a qualitative or semi-quantitative or quantitative result. With the control on light sources with multiple wavelengths from the screen lighting module of the smartphone, the PixoTech® algorithm can be easily customized to accommodate different biomarkers.
- PixoTest® POCT COVID-19 Antigen Test received the CE-IVD mark in Europe, TFDA EUA in Taiwan and TGA approval in Australia.
- PixoTech® trademark approved in the EU, USA and Taiwan
- Eveline Smart Fertility System awarded SHOPLINE Brand Award
- Invited by Johnson & Johnson Innovation to become a resident at JLABS @ Shanghai
- PixoTest® POCT system - HbA1c received approval from Health Sciences Authority in Singapore
- Selected in Plug & Play's Startup Creasphere program by Roche.
- Eveline Smart Fertility System awarded National Parenting Product Awards.
iXensor appointed Dr. Peter Fitzgerald as new Chairman and Dr. Carson Chen
as new CEO to develop and execute its global growth strategy
- iXensor selected as Merck Accelerator partner.
- PixoTest A1c Monitoring System got 510(k) clearance.
- PixoTest Lipid Monitoring System TFDA certified.
- PixoTest POCT System awarded German Design Award.
- PixoTest POCT System awarded Taiwan Excellence.
- Eveline Smart Fertility System awarded German Design Award.
- PixoTest POCT System (Lipid, A1c) got CE certificate.
- Chosen as the representative of Taiwan to participate the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Spain.
- Presented HbA1c monitoring system at Advanced Technologies & Treatments for Diabetes (ATTD), Vienna.
- iXensor chosed to be the CES representative of Taiwan.
- Eveline Smart Fertility System won CES "the best of babyTech" award.
- PixoTest POCT got NGSP certificate.
- PixoTest Blood Glucose Monitoring System (BGMS) got FDA 510(k) clearance
- Eveline Smart Fertility System awarded Taiwan Excellence Award, Taiwan.
- Eveline Smart Fertility System awarded Good Design Award, Japan.
- PixoTest BGMS awarded Digital Health Award.
- PixoTest BGMS's clinical trial published on national journal, JDST
- PixoTest® BGMS pass Geman IDT clinical trial
- PixoTest® BGMS Taiwan TFDA certified
- Pass ISO unannounced audit
- GMP certified
- Awarded first US patent
- Finalist of 2014 Medica eHealth Innovation Award
- PixoTest® BGMS got CE certificate
- ISO 13485 certificated
- iXensor established
Peter Fitzgerald M.D., Ph.D
Dr. Fitzgerald is a Professor of Medicine, Emeritus at Stanford Medical School, and a veteran in venture capital with a focus on medical device, digital health, and biotechnology. He co-founded Latterell Venture Partners, TriVentures, and TransPacific Venture Partners and has tremendous experience in transitioning start-ups toward the ideal next stages.
Carson Chen Ph.D.
Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder
Dr. Chen is a visionary leader with strong business acumen, a proven track record of innovation success, and a solid understanding of the global medtech industry, especially for the leading USA healthcare market. He received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering at National Taiwan University and was a visiting researcher at MIT, Caltech, and Stanford between 2004 and 2012. Being named as an Eisenhower Fellow in 2019 is a recognition of his professional achievements and leadership potential as a global change agent.
Vice President of Marketing
Mr. Liao joined iXensor in 2019. He serves as VP of Marketing with responsibility in marketing, eCommerce, and PR. He brings 20 years’ international experience in marketing and product business management. Before joining iXensor, he was Associate VP at ACER, Global Product Line Business Director at Sony Mobile AB, Group Product Manager at Vodafone and Global eMarketing & eSales Manager at Novartis HQ. He completed his MBA degree at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University.
Vice President - Sales
Mr. Liu serves as the Vice President of Sales at iXensor and responsible for both sales and business development. He started his career in the financial institution, then devoted himself as an international business developer to specialize in marketing value-added Made in Taiwan products to the global market. He completed his education in the field of business finance from The University of Melbourne in Australia and earned his MSc in Investment and Finance from Brunel University in the United Kingdom.
Gabriel Chao Ph.D.
Director of Business Development
Dr. Chao serves as Director of Business Development with the mission of establishing strategic partnerships with target enterprises. He has more than 15 years of industry experience in innovative medical devices, including the development and commercialization of a non-invasive blood glucose monitoring system. He received his Ph.D. in electrical engineering from National Taiwan University and was a visiting scholar at Stanford University. He is also an adjunct assistant professor at the National Taiwan University of Science and Technology.
Hong-Jen Chang M.D.
Senior Medical Advisor
Dr. Chang is currently Chairman and CEO of YFY Biotech Management Company and leads its highly successful Taiwan Global BioFund (TGB), working closely with early-stage founders in the healthcare space. Dr. Chang enjoyed a distinguished career of public service in healthcare, including serving as deputy minister of health, president, CEO of the Bureau of National Health Insurance, and director general of the Center of Disease Control. This combination of expertise in health insurance, disease control, biopharmaceutical industry, health information systems and venture investing makes Dr. Chang one of the most unique and well-respected leaders in the healthcare space. Dr. Chang received an M.D. from National Yang-Ming Medical College, an M.S. in Public Health from National Taiwan University, and an M.S. of Health Policy and Management from the Harvard School of Public Health.
Alan Tsai Ph.D.
Co-Founder & Project Advisor
Dr. Tsai is a veteran of the medical device industry with over 20 years of experience. He was iXensor’s first general manager and now serves the company as a project consultant. Prior to co-founding iXensor, he was also the founding member of Bionime and served as CEO of Bionime China. He received his Ph. D. in Chemistry at National Chung Hsing University.
Jerry Chen M.D. Ph.D
Co-Founder & Medical Advisor
Dr. Chen is an iXensor co-founder and serves as Chief Medical Advisor. He is not only working as the Director of Urology & Uro-oncology at Beigang Hospital of China Medical University but also runs Brain Navi Ltd. as CEO. He received his M.D. at Kaohsiung Medical University and Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering at National Cheng Kung University and was a visiting scholar at Stanford University.
Senior Compliance Advisor
Mrs. Lee serves as the president of Elite BioMedical Consulting Inc., and Dynamic Biotech Inc. in the United States. She is an expert in regulatory affairs with medical device compliance licenses for the United States. Many medical device start-ups and listed corporations are her consultancy customers for services ranging from compliance strategy, coordination to management.